- Crank the piston to approximately the top of the compression stroke (TDC).
- Connect the DEC-TESTER to air supply of 6-8 bar (standard working air).
- Adjust the DEC-TESTER to 0 on the scale by using the adjustment knob at the front.
- Select ME (main engine) or AE (auxiliary engine) by turning the selector knob.
- Connect the DEC-TESTER to the indicator valve of the cylinder to be tested.
- The DEC-TESTER will show the condition of the cylinder on a scale between 0-10.
Neccesary steps to be taken.
- Continue to the next cylinder by following the firing order of the engine.
- Record (write down) all readings for future comparison / trend control.
Always cooperate with the engine manufacturer when using the Bohman DEC-TESTER.
The Bohman DEC-TESTER is a guiding instrument and should not supersede any engine manufacturer's
recommendations, unless verified by onboard experience or manufacturer's approval.
- Always fully open the indicator valve to avoid air leaks along the valve spindle.
- Make sure air has entered into the cylinder. Listen to the escaping air when removing the DEC-TESTER
from the indicator valve. If no air escapes, the indicator valve is blocked by dirt or the valve is defective.